Thursday, August 7, 2008

I Heart Lake Powell

One of my all time favorite places to vacation is Lake Powell. I look forward to going there almost every summer. Aside from relaxing, being in the water, getting tan, and being with my family, I decided I like it so much because it is one of the few times I don’t worry about wearing makeup or doing my hair…well maybe I worry about it a little bit, but not TOO much! One of my favorite activities this year was wake surfing, my Uncle David just bought a board for surfing behind the boat and we all loved it! I also enjoyed wakeboarding, jet skiing, tanning on top of the houseboat, eating, and being with my family (including sharing a bed with my grandma).



While at the lake we have also started a tradition of racing up a giant sand hill. This year 19 of us loaded up on the boat and jet skis and went over to the sand hill. It looks really steep, but you don’t even realize how steep it is until you’re running up it. I was the defending champion for the girls from last year and so I was a little nervous because me and my sister Britany tend to become a little competitive. Thanks to my membership at Gold’s Gym I was able to come in first place again for the girls and 6th or 7th overall. Then on the last night all of the cousins (minus Amanda) went out for a late night swimming and slide party. We had a swimming race to the rock which was cool because it was really dark. It was such a fun time to bond with all of my cousins and my brothers and sisters…except for Emily because she was in Florida, we missed you Em! It’s always sad when a trip comes to an end but now I have the Eastern Idaho State Fair to look forward to!

7 comments:

Eric and Hilary said...

looks like fun michy! where do u get your bathing suits?

Emily said...

Hi Michele! Your blog is so cute and you look like you're having a great summer. We actually live in Draper and Jeff just drives to school. Hope all is well!

Heidi said...

I love the fair too. You know it's pretty sad but when Kash was born I begged my doctor to start me so I wouldn't miss the fair. So he did, and Kash was born on Aug 28th. I ended having a c-section though, so it wasn't lookin like I was gonna make it still. But I did. Kash was probably the youngest person there, but we made it. Hopefully I'll see you.

Kristin said...

Sorry, that comment was from me, the computer was logged in as someone else.

Michele said...

Kristin...that's so funny! A few years ago my niece was born on August 23 and I was babysitting her and wanted to go to the fair so I took her too! But Kash was still a few days younger than she was!!

Collins Crew said...

Hey Mich! It's Stef "Ball" Collins now. I e-mailed you an invite to view my blog- cause it's on a private setting so be sure to check your junk mail for the invite. It should say from the "collins crew". Cant wait to hear from ya. Your blog is adorable. You look like your having such a blast.

Julie said...

Hey Michele,
It has been so long since I have seen you!!! You look so cute, and like you are having tons of fun!! I can't wait to see you, so hopefully we can get the group together again soon!