Sunday, July 6, 2008

Cancun


In June I went to Cancun with three of my girlfriends: Cami, Nicole, and Brittney. It was the first time I got a stamp in my passport! We left on a Tuesday morning and came back on Sunday night. We stayed at a hotel called The Fiesta Americana Cancun, which was recently ranked number one on the travel channel. The water in Cancun is incredible, it is so blue. We spent a lot of time playing in the ocean and laying out.



One day we did a zipline tour. Even though I'm scared of heights, I had a great time doing 11 different ziplines. I even did one of them upside down!


We shopped at the flea markets and got some fun souvenirs. One day we took a ferry over to an island called Isla Mujeres. This island isn't Americanized like the Hotel Zone in Cancun. We rented a golf cart and drove around the island. It was neat to experience "True Mexico." We even had to pay 50 pesos to use the bathroom!



Our two favorite restaurants we ate at in Cancun were Carlos' n Charlies and Senor Frogs. The waiters there were so fun and definitely kept us entertained. One of our waiters even asked me to stay in Cancun and marry him!




By far our favorite thing we did was on the last night, we went to a club called Cocobongo. We weren't going to go because it was $50 a person, but at the last minute decided to. They had Elvis, Madonna, Usher, and Beyonce impersonators that put on different shows. They also had some acrobatic shows as well. We danced for 6 hours that night, until 5 am. After that we went to the beach and watched the sunrise, it was a perfect ending to a perfect trip. My trip to Cancun is definitely one of the funnest things I've done and I recommend everyone go there!!

No comments: