Friday, July 11, 2008

Fourth of July

It is a week after the Fourth of July and I'm finally posting about it! That morning I received a text from my friend Robin asking me to go with her and a big group to float the Provo River. The last time I floated the river was with my church group when I was 14. It was a terrible experience, I got caught in a really bad under current and thought I was going to die. After that day I vowed to never tube down a river again! However, Robin convinced me that between the raft and her expert guiding skills I would be just fine. I agreed to go. It ended up being a lot of fun!




That night Megan came from Blackfoot to hang out with me. I love when Megan comes...we always have a blast together!
We met up with Ben, Sean, Allyson, and Blake and went to dinner in Lehi at Porter's (recommended by Ben and Allyson's dad). Then we went over to Thanksgiving Point to watch the fireworks. Since we got there 2 hours before the fireworks we all showed off our football skills by playing a game of "500." Ben did the best, but it probably had something to do with the fact that he played at BYU or that my shoes had 4 inch heels!

Once it got dark we found a spot for the fireworks. The fireworks were decent, but I've definitely seen better. You have to realize that I grew up going to the Idaho Falls firework show, which is the largest show west of the Mississippi!



Besides the traffic getting out of Thanksgiving Point, it was a fun day. I love the Fourth of July and it's always nice to reflect on the freedom that we as Americans have.

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey Michele! I am so excited that you have a blog! I love it! You are so beautiful! I'm glad to see that you had a good fourth of July!

Steph said...

Your blog is so cute! I love it! And you look great in all your pics, i love your hair!

the Petterson Family said...

YIPPEE! I just LOVE it when I my friends have a blog. I thrive on knowing what everyone else is doing. (isn't that sad?) You are still as B.E.A.U-tiful as ever! Did you know Julie has a blog too? Just click on her name on my sidebar...now we need to have Mal, Anna and Jana (the little stinker) to start a blog and we can be bloggin buddies! Yeah for Michele's blog (it is cute BTW!)

Sheen said...

hooray for blogging! isn't it great?! hope you don't mind, but i added you on my list. you look great as always! how are you? i saw your grandpa at the victor parade and he says he's worried about you never getting married. {i told him i don't think that you'll ever have to worry about that.} hope all is well.

Kristin said...

Michelle. It's Kristin. How are things? You look like life is a blast! I have a blog too it's bradkristin.blogspot.com It's so good to see what you've been up to. Keep in touch!

Megan and Alyvia said...

Meesha!! I LOVE your blog. So cute! (Just like you!!)
I miss ya girl, but am so glad you've got your own blog now, yippie!!

Larson Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Larson Family said...

Mich!!! Cute Blog! It looks like you're having so much fun. You're gorgeous as ever! Are you still in Utah? Matt is studying for the DAT and takes it this fall. We'll apply to dental school next May. We are going to try to get pregnant again, as Taylor is already 16 months!! Wyatt is so cute, do you get to see Em, Nick and Wyatt very often? It's good to hear from you and I am glad you have a blog so I can keep in touch with you. Say hi to Ems for me when you see her again!